Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Demo and Written




The song I have chosen is "I will alway's love you" originally by Dolly Parton. The cover is done by Whitney Houston.

The biggest difference between the two are the style, Dolly's is more country, and Whitney's is more Pop. The lyrics and the melody are the same. The rhythm of whitney's is a lot more rubato, and her vocals are more intense and in your face compared to Dolly's. Whitney's is the most famous of the two, and hers was a lot more dramatic. Dolly's made you feel like you lost someone you loved and Whitney's was a tragedy and like she left someone. In Whitney's they use a Saxophone soloist which was very beautiful.

For me my favorite is Whitney's. It's beautiful and almost makes me cry by how perfect her vocals are.




No comments:

Post a Comment